Download and copy your certificate files to your server
Download your SSL certificate and support files by clicking on the download link in your fulfillment email or from your GeoCerts SSL Manager account. Unzip the files and copy them into the directory where you will keep your certificates. Some files in the zip may or may not be used depending on your server type.
- Login to WHM and select SSL/TLS.
- Select Install a SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain..
- Do not fill in the Domain, User, nor IP Address fields.
- Copy and paste entire contents of your SSL server certificate file (your_domain_com.txt) into the top box.
- The private key may already be on the server. Click the second Fetch button near the middle box (do not click the Fetch button at the top as this will replace your real certificate with a temp cert that will not work). This should fetch the corresponding private key and populate the User, Domain, and IP boxes for you. If the private key cannot be fetched a copy of it should have been emailed to you when you generated the Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Next paste the entire contents of the GeoTrust Intermediate file (GeoTrust_Intermedaite.txt) into the Paste the ca bundle here box.
- Click on the Do It button. You should receive a message that your SSL certificate has been installed.
To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use our Certificate Installation Checker.
Test your SSL certificate by using a browser to connect to your server. Use the https protocol directive. For example, if your SSL was issued to secure.mysite.com, enter
https://secure.mysite.com into your browser.
Your browser's padlock icon will be displayed in the locked position if your certificate is installed correctly and the server is properly configured for SSL.
Disclaimer: GeoCerts has made efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this document. However, GeoCerts makes no warranties of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) with respect to the information contained herein. GeoCerts assumes no liability to any party for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) caused by any errors, omissions, or statements of any kind contained in this document. Further, GeoCerts assumes no liability arising from the application or use of the product or service described herein and specifically disclaims any representation that the products or services described herein do not infringe upon any existing or future intellectual property rights. Nothing herein grants the reader any license to make, use, or sell equipment or products constructed in accordance with this document. Finally, all rights and privileges related to any intellectual property right described herein are vested in the patent, trademark, or service mark owner, and no other person may exercise such rights without express permission, authority, or license secured from the patent, trademark, or service mark owner. GeoCerts reserves the right to make changes to any information herein without further notice.