Download and copy your certificate files to your server
Download your SSL certificate and support files by clicking on the download link in your fulfillment email or from your GeoCerts SSL Manager account. Unzip the files and copy them into the directory where you will keep your certificates. Some files in the zip may or may not be used depending on your server type.
- From the appliance web interface, navigate to Basic > SSL Certificate
- In the SSL Certificate Configuration section choose Trusted (signed by a trusted CA).
- Download the private key by clicking on Download next to Download Private Key in the Certificate Generation section. Copy and paste the entire contents of the private key into a text editor (vi or notepad) and save it as private.key on your Barracuda server.
- Next, in the Trusted Certificate section for Signed Certificate, browse to your_domain_com.txt.
- For Certificate Chain Bundle, browse to GeoTrust_CA_Bundle.txt.
- For Private Key, browse to the private key file you saved step 2 above private.key.
- Leave the password field blank.
- Click Upload Certificate Information
- To finish, click the Synchronize button at the bottom of the page to synchronize this certificate with the SSL VPN interface on port 443.
To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use our Certificate Installation Checker.
Test your SSL certificate by using a browser to connect to your server. Use the https protocol directive. For example, if your SSL was issued to secure.mysite.com, enter
https://secure.mysite.com into your browser.
Your browser's padlock icon will be displayed in the locked position if your certificate is installed correctly and the server is properly configured for SSL.
Disclaimer: GeoCerts has made efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this document. However, GeoCerts makes no warranties of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) with respect to the information contained herein. GeoCerts assumes no liability to any party for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) caused by any errors, omissions, or statements of any kind contained in this document. Further, GeoCerts assumes no liability arising from the application or use of the product or service described herein and specifically disclaims any representation that the products or services described herein do not infringe upon any existing or future intellectual property rights. Nothing herein grants the reader any license to make, use, or sell equipment or products constructed in accordance with this document. Finally, all rights and privileges related to any intellectual property right described herein are vested in the patent, trademark, or service mark owner, and no other person may exercise such rights without express permission, authority, or license secured from the patent, trademark, or service mark owner. GeoCerts reserves the right to make changes to any information herein without further notice.
Please contact our support team if you have any additional problems or questions.