Generate CSR for IIS 8 Windows Server 2012
Generate Certificate Request File (CSR)
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. From the Start button select Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services Manager.
- In the IIS Manager, select the main server node on the top left under Connections and double-click the Server Certificates.
- From the Actions pane on the top right, select Create Certificate Request.
- In the Request Certificate wizard, on the Distinguished Name Properties page, provide the following information and then click Next.
Common name: The fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) (e.g., www.example.com or *.example.com for wildcard certs). Organization: Your company’s legally registered name (e.g., YourCompany, Inc.). Organizational unit: The name of your department within the organization. This entry will usually be listed as "IT", "Web Sales", or is simply left blank. City/locality: The city where your company is legally located. State/province: The state/province where your company is legally located. Do not abbreviate. (e.g., California) Country/region: The country/region where your company is legally located. Use the drop-down list to select your country.
- Select Microsoft RSA SChannel and 2048 and then click Next.
- Finally, specify a file name for the certificate request. It doesn't matter what you call it or where you save it as long as you know where to find it. You'll need it in the next step. We recommend calling it
- Click Finish to complete the certificate request (CSR) Wizard.
- Using a simple text editor such as Notepad (do not use Word), open the CSR file you just created at
c:\certs\csr.txt(your path and filename may be different). You will need to copy-and-paste the contents of this file, including the top and bottom lines, into the relevant box during the online order process.
Install SSL Certificate on IIS 8
- Install your SSL certificate on IIS 8
- Official IIS website
- Troubleshooting SSL related issues in IIS
- Repair intermediate certificate chain issues
Please contact our support team if you have any additional problems or questions.