Follow these instructions to generate a Private Key and CSR. You must have Service Pack 4 or higher.
- Open the Key Manager. Go to the Key menu and select Create New Key.
- Select Put the request in a file that you will send to an authority.
- Enter a file and path in the text box that you will remember. Example: C:\NewKeyRq.txt. Click Next.
- Enter your key name as specified in the previous step. Enter and confirm a password.
- You will be asked for several pieces of info which will be used by GeoTrust to create your new SSL certificate. These fields include the Common Name (aka domain, FQDN), organization, country, key bit length, etc. Use the CSR Legend in the right-hand column of this page to guide you when asked for this information. The following characters should not be used when typing in your CSR input: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ / \ ( ) ? , &
- Save a copy of your CSR. The CSR will be needed during the online order process. You'll be asked to copy-and-paste your CSR into a special CSR box.
Below is an example of what your CSR will look like. This is a example only and cannot be used to generate your SSL certificate.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Please contact our support team if you have any additional problems or questions.