Follow these instructions to generate a Private Key and CSR.
- Open a terminal window and set the ORACLE_HOME environment variable.
- In the same window, change your directory to $ORACLE_HOME/bin, and start Oracle Wallet Manager (OWM).
$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
- Oracle Wallet Manager is displayed. Select the Wallet menu and click the New... menu option.
- You get a warning that your default wallet directory does not exist. Click Yes to save this wallet.
- The New Wallet window appears. Enter the password for the wallet as
welcome1. Click OK.
- You will be asked for several pieces of info which will be used by GeoTrust to create your new SSL certificate. These fields include the Common Name (aka domain, FQDN), organization, country, key bit length, etc. Use the CSR Legend in the right-hand column of this page to guide you when asked for this information. The following characters should not be used when typing in your CSR input: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ / \ ( ) ? , &
- A confirmation dialog box appears. Click OK.
- In the navigation pane, you see the wallet with a certificate request that you have just created. Click the node to view the certificate request generated on the right.
- Save a copy of your CSR. The CSR will be needed during the online order process. You'll be asked to copy-and-paste your CSR into a special CSR box.
Below is an example of what your CSR will look like. This is a example only and cannot be used to generate your SSL certificate.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
These instructions are derived from documentation on the Oracle web site. Learn more about generating an SSL certificate request using Oracle Wallet Manager.