Follow these instructions to generate a Private Key and CSR.
- From the Administration Console, locate the Configuration/SSL Certificates dialog.
- Select New -> Certificate Request.
- You will be asked for several pieces of info which will be used by GeoTrust to create your new SSL certificate. These fields include the Common Name (aka domain, FQDN), organization, country, key bit length, etc. Use the CSR Legend in the right-hand column of this page to guide you when asked for this information. The following characters should not be used when typing in your CSR input: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ / \ ( ) ? , &
- IMPORTANT!!! When you enter your site's Common Name. The Common Name is the fully-qualified-domain name for your web site or mail server. What ever your end-user will see in their browser's address bar is what you should put in here. Do not include http:// nor https://. Refer to the CSR legend in the right-hand column of this page for examples. If this is wrong, your certificate will not work properly.
- Now, from a simple text editor such as Notepad (do not use Word), open the CSR file you just created from the "SSL Certificates" interface.
- Save a copy of your CSR. The CSR will be needed during the online order process. You'll be asked to copy-and-paste your CSR into a special CSR box.
Below is an example of what your CSR will look like. This is a example only and cannot be used to generate your SSL certificate.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Kerio Connect manual
Please contact our support team if you have any additional problems or questions.