Follow these instructions to generate a Private Key and CSR.
- Open the Site Management console to manage your web site.
- Select SITE SETTINGS.
- Enable SSL and SAVE CHANGES.
- Select SSL SETTINGS and enter the certificate subject information.
- You will be asked for several pieces of info which will be used by GeoTrust to create your new SSL certificate. These fields include the Common Name (aka domain, FQDN), organization, country, key bit length, etc. Use the CSR Legend in the right-hand column of this page to guide you when asked for this information. The following characters should not be used when typing in your CSR input: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ / \ ( ) ? , &
- Generate a Self-Signed Certificate (which will later be deleted); please be careful not to click SAVE CHANGES more than once!
- Save a copy of your CSR. The CSR will be needed during the online order process. You'll be asked to copy-and-paste your CSR into a special CSR box.
Below is an example of what your CSR will look like. This is a example only and cannot be used to generate your SSL certificate.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Please contact our support team if you have any additional problems or questions.