Follow these instructions to generate a Private Key and CSR.
- Login to ACS and click System Configuration.
- Click ACS Certificate Setup.
- Click Generate Certificate Signing Request.
- Fill out the the Generate New Request form. The first form field is marked Certificate Subject. The Certificate Subject field will accept a set of key=value pairs. Certain keys are required: CN (common name), O (organization), L (locality or city), S (state or province), and C (country). OU (organizational unit is optional). An example string would be:
CN=www.mysite.com, O=Gotham Books LLC, OU=Sales, L=Atlanta, S=Georgia,
- You will be asked for several pieces of info which will be used by GeoTrust to create your new SSL certificate. These fields include the Common Name (aka domain, FQDN), organization, country, key bit length, etc. Use the CSR Legend in the right-hand column of this page to guide you when asked for this information. The following characters should not be used when typing in your CSR input: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ / \ ( ) ? , &
- In the Private Key File box enter the full path where you would like the associated private key to be stored, such as C:\privatekey.key.
- Enter a private key password, 2048 for the bit length, and SHA1 for the Digest to Sign With.
- Click Submit and your CSR will be viewable from the right-side of the window.
- Save a copy of your CSR. The CSR will be needed during the online order process. You'll be asked to copy-and-paste your CSR into a special CSR box.
Below is an example of what your CSR will look like. This is a example only and cannot be used to generate your SSL certificate.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Cisco ACS Configuration Example.
Please contact our support team if you have any additional problems or questions.