Download and copy your certificate files to your server
Download your SSL certificate and support files by clicking on the download link in your fulfillment email or from your GeoCerts SSL Manager account. Download the PKCS#7 formatted version of your certificate.
- Use the following command to install the PKCS#7 certificate into your keystore. You MUST use the same keystore used for your private key and CSR.
keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias tomcat -file your_site_name.p7b -keystore mykeystore.jks
You MUST you the same alias used when the keystore was created, in this case the alias used was tomcat
- Enter your keystore password
- You should get the follow response:
... is not trusted. Install reply anyway? [no]: yes
- Enter 'yes' and hit Enter.
- You should get the following response:
Certificate reply was installed in keystore
The SSL Certificate and intermeidate cert are now installed into your keystore.
Configure the Identity and Trust keystores
- Expand the Servers node and select the name of the server for which you want to configure keystores.
- Select the button 'Keystores and SSL tab' to configure the keystore for the domain.
- By default, WebLogic ships with demo certificates for testing purposes. Click the 'Change' link in the upper-right portion of the configuration items. This will display the drop-down list of options for configuration.
- Choose 'Custom Identity and Java Standard Trust' from the list.
- Specify the identity keystore information:
[Java Standard Trust]
- Custom Identity key store file Name: c:\full\path\to\mykeystore.jks (The fully-qualified-path to your keystore)
- Custom Identity key Store Type: jks (Generally, this attribute is jks)
- Custom Identity key Store Pass Phrase: keystore password (The password defined when creating the keystore. If you don't know the password you have to start over.)
- Confirm Customer Identity key Store Pass Phrase: Keystore_password (same as above)
- Java standard Trust Key Store Pass Phrase: changeit (unless your system admin changed it the password for the cacerts keystore is "changeit")
- Confirm Java Standard Trust Key Store Pass Phrase: changeit
- Click Continue
- [Review SSL Private Key Settings]
- Private key Alias: keyEntry_friendly_name (If you followed our instructions to generate the private key the alias will be 'tomcat'. The alias is the friendly name for your keyEntry (private key), if you do not remember it please run the following command on your keystore to confirm the alias: keytool -list -keystore [keystore_friendly_name] -v)
- Passphrase: keyEntry_password (specify the keyEntry (private key) password. The password for the private key may differ from the one for the keystore)
- Confirm Passphrase
- Click Continue
- Click Finish
- Reboot WebLogic Server.
To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use our Certificate Installation Checker.
Test your SSL certificate by using a browser to connect to your server. Use the https protocol directive. For example, if your SSL was issued to secure.mysite.com, enter
https://secure.mysite.com into your browser.
Your browser's padlock icon will be displayed in the locked position if your certificate is installed correctly and the server is properly configured for SSL.
Weblogic - Configuring Identity and Trust: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11035_01/wls100/secmanage/identity_trust.html
Learn how to Configure Keystores & SSL in WebLogic
WebLogic 8 SSL documentation
WebLogic 9 SSL documentation
Disclaimer: GeoCerts has made efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this document. However, GeoCerts makes no warranties of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) with respect to the information contained herein. GeoCerts assumes no liability to any party for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) caused by any errors, omissions, or statements of any kind contained in this document. Further, GeoCerts assumes no liability arising from the application or use of the product or service described herein and specifically disclaims any representation that the products or services described herein do not infringe upon any existing or future intellectual property rights. Nothing herein grants the reader any license to make, use, or sell equipment or products constructed in accordance with this document. Finally, all rights and privileges related to any intellectual property right described herein are vested in the patent, trademark, or service mark owner, and no other person may exercise such rights without express permission, authority, or license secured from the patent, trademark, or service mark owner. GeoCerts reserves the right to make changes to any information herein without further notice.