Install SSL Certificate Plesk 8
Download and copy your certificate files to your server
Download your SSL certificate and support files by clicking on the download link in your fulfillment email or from your GeoCerts SSL Manager account. Unzip the files and copy them into the directory where you will keep your certificates. Some files in the zip may or may not be used depending on your server type.
Note: Plesk allows 2 ways to install certificates: by uploading the files or pasting them in. We recommend you upload the files to keep the original formatting intact.
- Logon to Plesk to access the Certificates Repository. Click Domains > domain name, Certificates.
- In the Upload Certificates Files section use the Browse button to locate the SSL server certificate (
- For the CA certificate browse to the GeoTrust_CA_Bundle.txt file.
- Click Send File. This will upload and install the certificate files against the corresponding private key.
Bind the certificate to IP
- Click on Web Hosting Settings
- Select the IP Address the SSL certificate will be bound to. Make sure a dedicated IP address is assigned to the domain, if the IP is set to Shared, the SSL certificate you install cannot be referenced to the domain.
- Select the SSL certificate to use from the Certificates drop-down list.
- Click OK.
Restart Web Server
Plesk with Apache Web Server
- Click on Server on the left menu
- Click on Service Management
- For the Web Server (Apache) service, click on the green icon. A restart will not work, you must do a stop then start.
Plesk with Windows IIS Web Server
- Under Main Menu, click on Settings
- Under Applications, click on IIS Application Pool
- Click on Recycle
To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use our Certificate Installation Checker.
Test your SSL certificate by using a browser to connect to your server. Use the https protocol directive. For example, if your SSL was issued to secure.mysite.com, enter
https://secure.mysite.com into your browser.
Your browser's padlock icon will be displayed in the locked position if your certificate is installed correctly and the server is properly configured for SSL.
Plesk 8.1 documentation: http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Doc/plesk-8.1-unix-administrators-guide/
These instructions are derived from the Plesk 8 documentation.