Follow these instructions to generate a Private Key and CSR.
- Start the MKKF utility by typing mkkf at the command prompt. The system displays a menu page.
*Note: The MKKF utility places the keyring file in the current directory unless otherwise specified.
- Select N to create a new key ring file, default file name is keyfile.kyr.
After you type in a key ring file name, the next menu screen will come up.
- Select W to work with keys and certificates.
- Select C to create a new key and certificate request. Type a password when prompted.
- Select P to choose PKCS#10 certificate request format at the next menu.
- Select M to modify the certificate request fields at the next menu.
- You will be asked for several pieces of info which will be used by GeoTrust to create your new SSL certificate. These fields include the Common Name (aka domain, FQDN), organization, country, key bit length, etc. Use the CSR Legend in the right-hand column of this page to guide you when asked for this information. The following characters should not be used when typing in your CSR input: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ / \ ( ) ? , &
- Select R to create the key and certificate request after specifying all fields.
- After the key and certificate request are created,select X to exit from MKKF utility. Save the changes to the key-ring file.
- Make a backup copy of your keyring file and store it in a safe place.
- Save a copy of your CSR. The CSR will be needed during the online order process. You'll be asked to copy-and-paste your CSR into a special CSR box.
Below is an example of what your CSR will look like. This is a example only and cannot be used to generate your SSL certificate.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Please contact our support team if you have any additional problems or questions.