Cancellations and Refunds
All GeoTrust SSL certificates sold through this site are covered by a thirty-day (30) cancellation policy.
GeoCerts will cancel and refund fees following issuance of any new or renewal certificate
upon request by the Subscriber using the instructions below
within thirty (30) days of the original issue date
provided that the issued certificate has been uninstalled from the Subscriber's equipment.
Points to keep in mind
- The fully qualified domain name in your certificate, such as 'shop.mysite.com',
is embedded in your certificate and cannot be changed. If
you need to change your domain you'll need to cancel and purchase
a new SSL certificate.
- If you need to cancel because you need to start over with a fresh certificate,
and your domain name is not changing, you may want to consider getting
your SSL certificate reissued free
of charge using a new Certificate Signing Request.
- Cancellations take time to process. For your security, GeoTrust must
ensure that the person requesting the cancellation has the authority to make such a request.
Most cancellation requests are completed within two business days.
- If you want to cancel, and then place a new order, you do not need
to wait for your first order to cancel before starting a new
- Cancellation requests are initiated by logging in to your SSL Manager account
and selecting the cancel utility. For security reasons cancellation requests cannot
be accepted via live chat, email, or phone.
To cancel your SSL certificate and receive a refund:
(certificates may only be refunded if requested
within thirty days of issue)
- Make sure the issued certificate is uninstalled from your server.
- Login to your SSL Manager account.
- Once logged in, select the My Certs tab.
- Select the Active certs tab (or Pending if not yet issued) and click the Cancel icon:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to request cancellation. You will be required
to respond to an email sent from GeoTrust to verify your authorization to cancel
- Once confirmation is verified you will receive a cancellation confirmation and
a credit will be issued back to your original payment method.
Multi-domain SSL. It's Here!